Your cart is currently empty!
Understanding Dog Behavior: A Guide for New Pet Owners
If you want to build a strong and healthy relationship with your dog, it’s important to know how he behaves. It can be difficult to interpret your dog’s actions and body language as a new pet owner. In this blog post, we will discuss some typical dog behaviors and offer suggestions for comprehending and responding appropriately to them.
First and foremost, it is crucial to keep in mind that dogs are pack animals with a strong desire to belong to a social hierarchy. As a way to demonstrate their love and devotion, they frequently engage in actions like following you around the house, leaning against you, or bringing you toys. They can also convey their mood and intentions through their body language, such as wagging their tail or putting their ears back.
Additionally, dogs use vocalizations like barking, whining, or growling to communicate. Understanding these sounds’ context and tone is crucial. A deep, low growl can indicate aggression or fear, while a high-pitched, prolonged bark may indicate excitement or playfulness.
Playfulness is another common behavior among dogs. Play is an important part of the mental and physical well-being of dogs because it is where they often let out their energy. Playing with your dog not only helps you burn off excess energy that can cause destructive behaviors, but it can also strengthen the bond between you and your dog.
On the other hand, boredom, anxiety, or a lack of stimulation can lead to destructive behaviors like chewing, digging, or scratching. Providing your dog with appropriate toys and activities, as well as ensuring that they receive ample exercise and attention, can address these behaviors.
1. Dog Behavior Problems and how to solve them: How to fix 20 common problems for a well-behaved dog that everyone loves including barking, jumping up and aggression
- Oxford University Press USA
8. connete Ultrasonic Dog Barking Deterrent Devices, Rechargeable Bark Control Device, Safe Dog Sonic Repellents & Dog Whistle, Anti Dog Behavior Training Devices, Blue
- 🐶【Effectively Dog Bark Training】 – Our 2-in-1 ultrasonic anti-bark device provides a safer solution than other training tools for dog training and bark control. The anti bark device can effectively train your dogs to stop unwanted behaviors such as barking/digging/eating unsafe food/fighting or other unwanted behaviors.
- 🐶【Safe and Works On All Sizes Dogs】- The hearing frequency for dogs ranges 15HZ~120KHZ. Our ultrasonic bark control device can make ultrasonic sounds at 22~25KHZ(select 3 different frequency waves by button) which sound can grab the dog’s attention but not hurt the hearing of humans(20HZ~20KHZ) and dogs. The barking control device can be applied to all-breed dogs and all size dogs.
- 🐶【16.4ft Control Range & Portable】- Our handheld ultrasonic barking dog deterrent is ergonomically designed that comfortable to hold. The control range of bark deterrent is 16.4ft and comes with a portable strap. It can be used anywhere to train our own dogs or drive away unfriendly dogs we encounter on the road.
- 🐶【Spot & LED Flashlight & Dog Whistle】- Press and hold the second button to emit a spot that can play with the cat or dog. Click the bottom button at the bottom to turn on the LED flashlight that can be used as a secondary way to stop an approaching dog or be turned on and used to light go way home. Dog whistle can also be used to train and recall dogs.
- 🐶【Easy Use & Rechargeable】- Just simply press the top button, the bark deterrent will emit an ultrasonic sound to attract the dog’s attention. Electronic Dog Repellent features installed 300mAh battery full charge in 2 hours for about 12 days of regular use. LED light(Red: low power; green: working).
10. Yuede Dog Barking Deterrent Devices, Ultrasonic Stop Dog Barking Device with LED Indicate and Flashlight, Anti Dog Barking Device Dog Behavior Training Tool of 16.5 Ft Control Range with Dog Whistles
- 🐶【Effective Stop Dog Bark Deterrent】Based on the theory that ultrasound, the dog trainer can effectively train your dogs to be obedient and stop some unwanted behaviors, such as barking, digging, chewing and more
- 🐶【Wide coveraget & USB Rechargeable】Yuede anti-bark device is available effective range up to 16.5ft (5M). The built-in rechargeable lithium battery can continuously work for 15 hours after fully charged.
- 🐶【Handheld and convenient】The size of the device is approx. 10 x 5 x 3 cm, which is portable and handheld, also convenient for you to carry anywhere you need, indoor and outdoor
- 🐶【Safe for Dogs and Human】Sound frequencies between 25-30Khz have been proved harmless for dog’s hearing and won’t cause physical hurt. Since average human hearing range is 20HZ – 20KHZ, our Sonic Bark Deterrent Device emits ultrasonic sound at 22 KHZ-25 KHZ, the sound safely pay your dogs’ attention and you won’t hear it
- 🐶【Reminder】Since dogs of different breeds, sizes and special individuals have different degrees of feedback to ultrasound, the effect of stopping the barking is also different.